FLOORPLAN FOR JUNE 2024
The WINTER BRIDAL EXPO will take place on the 29th & 30th June 2024 at Oakfield Farm.
Sales are open and we are very excited to host yet another successful Bridal Expo with you all.
First time Exhibitor:
For first time exhibitors, this is a built-up event and will only be constructed in the week prior to the event, 24th – 26th June 2024. You are welcome to view our webpage for past Bridal Expos.
Should you be a first-time exhibitor you are welcome to contact me and schedule a site visit so that I can show you around and indicate where your stand will be located.
All built stands are constructed with shell schemes in white, with pink fascia names, on the measurements indicated on the floor plan. Stand heights cannot be confirmed until they are constructed due to building obstructions but are 2.5m – 2.7m high.
All self-build stands need to comply with JOC regulations.
Each stand includes a 15Amp power point, LED strip light and TWO exhibitors passes with full catering.
Additional passes can be pre-ordered or purchased at the gate at a cost of R 100.00 – No Catering is included on additional passes.
Freestanding A frame marquees with complete PVC roofing. The side will be closed, and stands will be on both sides, backing the exterior wall of the marquee.
Please note that items placed on the ground will get wet in the event of rain, however roofs are without “gutters” to ensure no leaking.
Stands are placed to the sides to allow visitors to walk down the center of the marquees. In the middle on either side will be additional doors. Main doors are located at the top and bottom of each marquee.
Only stands next to the middle doors will have 2 sides, the back wall, and the dividing wall between the stands. All other stands, including those at the top and bottom doors will have three sides. See floor plans.
Enclosed venue with stands laid out with shell schemes in the indicated sizes. See floor plans.
This will be the exhibitors’ canteen for morning(8H00 – 9H30) and afternoon catering(12H00 – 13H30) on show dates only. Signage will indicate the location for those who have not been here, alternatively just ask an Oakfield Farm staff member.
Host to the Big Bridal Pop-Up Sales, the venue will not be available for stands – Bathrooms are off limits to exhibitors and visitors.
Fashion Show Location:
With the success of the July 2023 fashion show in the Dairy gardens, this will again be the location for the intimate fashion show.
The fashion show is daily just before the show closes at 15h00. This is an intimate fashion show with limited slots.
The larger prizes are reserved for the fashion show, like the Win-A-Wedding etc.
Participation as a designer in the fashion show is R 2 750.00 incl VAT, regardless of the number of categories you participate in. Arrangements for the Fashion show is done by Cathy Heaton and her amazing team and models are provided by ACE Models JHB North.
ONLY power is provided for these stands. Each stand size is 3m x 3m and will be laid out on the lawns as indicated on the floorplans. This is perfect for vehicles, photobooths etc.
Advertising, Barters & Loyalty discounts:
Should you be considering bartering your stand, by offering prizes or any other “value-add” to the Bridal Expo please let me know.
As always, the Fashion Show requires prizes to be given out to hype the show. Additionally, we are re-launching our Win-a-Wedding. Each part of the prize can either be sponsored in full or part. Oakfield Farm sponsors the venue at a value of R 85 000.00, the winning booking is then credited with the amount once confirmed and subject to new bookings and a deposit paid. Credit is not transferred into cash or refunded. Each section can either cover the entire cost of their portion or part. Please contact me to discuss.
The loyalty discount will be applied for any exhibitors having exhibited in January 2023 & July 2023 Bridal Expos at a value of 5% per participation. Please remind me if you did exhibit and indicate such on the booking form.
Additional advertising is available in the booklet, provided per guest at the gate on entry. A ½ page ad can be sent to be printed in the booklet at a cost of R 450.00 incl. VAT. Each exhibitor will be listed on the map with their details provided from the stand booking form. All ads must be received no later than the 31st May 2024.
Partnerships & Collaborations:
The Bridal Expo is opening the opportunity to partner with the show as a sponsor. All sponsors based on the value will receive additional advertising in our greater campaign that is launched on social media immediately on the opening of sales, magazine (0 – 3 months prior) or billboard, street pole & radio (0 – 1 month prior).
Any collaborations are welcome, this includes, printed items, from lanyards, to the booklet etc. which will include logos based on the cost covered alongside the Bridal Expo logo. Please contact me to discuss.
Please ensure you make use of the correct banking details as indicated on your invoice and please use your stand number or company name as payment reference.
50% payment is required to book and confirm your stand with the remainder payable on the provided payment plan. Stands will not be confirmed until the 50% payment is received and will remain open for other exhibitors to book.
Last payments will be due no later than 24th June 2024.
Please complete the attached form and send it back to me.
We will send you an invoice with the stand cost for your stand choice. Please provide 3 choices as stands are booked fast and on FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS.
Once received, your stand is confirmed on receipt of your 50% payment.
NO STANDS ARE RESERVED WITHOUT A 50% PAYMENT
BRIDAL EXPO 29th & 30th June 2024
PRE- BRIDAL EXPO MANUAL
Items Included in the Stands & Optional Extras:
- Each stand will include two passes for both days of the Bridal Expo.
- The passes will allow each exhibitor tea/coffee & muffins before 7h30 – 9h30 ONLY on both days. Lunch will be served from 12h00 – 13h30 ONLY and includes a soft drink on both days. This will be available from the Summerhouse venue.
- Whatever other items you require for your stand will need to be ordered(except for inclusive electrical points & lights). You are welcome to contact Francina Ramashala on 072 414 0253 / 072 763 2234 or email email@example.com.
Optional Extra will also be available to order on both set up days, 27th & 28th June 2024.
Parking – Entry for Exhibitors & Visitors: NB!!
- All exhibitors at the Bridal Expo will be able to park inside the show grounds in a designated exhibitor parking area.
- Please note that NO CARS will be permitted on the driveway between 9h30 – 17h00 or until the last public has left the premises. However, the exhibitors’ loop will remain open all day for exhibitors to enter and leave as they want. Note that the loop does have an area that narrows so care needs to be taken when driving in and out. Note that stands cannot be packed up before 15h00 on both show days, in doing so, you will not be permitted to exhibit again.
Collection of Registration Packs & Set-up:
- The collection of the exhibitors’ packs & set up will take place at Oakfield Farm on Thursday & Friday the 27th & 28th June 2024 (set up & registration days) between 08h00 – 16h00.
- All packs will need to be collected during registration days / set up days to ensure access to the property for the Bridal Expo – no exceptions will be made. You need to ensure you view your stand on either set up days, even if you do not set up your stand as NO changes will be made to any stands on Bridal Expo show days.
- Should you not come in person, a letter must be provided to identify the person coming on your behalf, if they are not collecting the registration packs with passes that will allow access. This includes set up crews etc. Please include information like stand number, company name etc.
- All exhibitors need to be off the property and complete with set up by 16h00 on both set up days.
- Catering will be available from Oakfield Farm on the registration days and will be payable with cash or card. Orders can be placed at the bar in the Bridal Boulevard and will be delivered to your stand.
- Exhibitors may not drill, hammer, paint, or “damage” the shell schemes – should you want to do any of the above you will need to order additional panels from the shell company. Items like magazine stands and TV Brackets & TVs etc. will also be available for order from the shell scheme company. ALL customizations must be booked with the shell scheme company. No self-built stands(poles cable tied together), loose solid back drops/panels etc. will be permitted as per JOC regulations. You are welcome to contact Francina Ramashala on 072 414 0253 / 072 763 2234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each plug point is limited to 15Amp ONLY
Construction of Stands / Structure:
- ALL customizations must be booked with the shell scheme company or comply with JOC regulations. You are welcome to contact Francina Ramashala on 072 414 0253 / 072 763 2234 or email email@example.com.
- No self-built stands, loose solid back drops/panels etc. will be permitted as per JOC regulations.
- Please note that you may not construct formal roofs OR your own structure as opposed to your shell scheme due to JOC safety regulations. You will need to have it pre-approved by the JOC Health & Safety officer prior to the show and have it certified by an engineer.
Exhibitor Passes for the Weekend:
Each stand booked will receive two passes for the weekend – should you want to purchase additional exhibitor passes you are welcome to order or buy at the gate at R 100.00 pp for the weekend. Additional passes do not include catering!
Items for Sale / Handing out of Items from Stands:
- No exhibitor may hand out OR sell any food or beverages. You are more than welcome to sell items like magazines, shoes, bridesmaid dresses – no sale of food & beverages will be permitted OR be allowed. Should you want to do a promotion on your stand, please get management approval first. Handing out of biscuits and sweets is permitted.
- NO wedding dresses are allowed to be sold from stands. This is exclusively reserved for The Big Bridal Popup.
Sharing of Stands:
- Please note that you may not share a stand – one exhibitor name per No exceptions.
Show Grounds Advertising:
- Please note that you may only market & promote your business from within your stand – please be considerate of the visitors to the show as well as fellow exhibitors. You are not allowed to walk around and hand out promotional items.
- Please take time and share the Bridal Expo on the various social media platforms that you manage. As you are aware the advertising for the Bridal Expo is and always has been very well done, however the more shares, the more interest the more feet.
Oakfield Farm Liability:
- Please note that Oakfield Farm will accept no responsibility for any loss, damage or theft to/of your items brought onto the property for the duration of the Bridal Expo as well as during set up and breakdown. All valuable items to be removed from your stand overnight and items left on your stand will be at your own risk. Oakfield Farm will ensure additional security during the Bridal Expo and on the set-up dates, however it remains the risk of the exhibitor for all items of value brought onto the property.
BRIDAL EXPO 29th & 30th June 2024
STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
In these conditions, the following words shall have the meanings set hereunder:
Exhibition The exhibition known as The Bridal Expo is to be held on the 29th & 30th June 2024 at Oakfield Farm
Organizer Oakfield Wedding Venue t/a Oakfield Farm
Exhibitor Person or entity hiring a stand or stands to exhibit goods, products services at the Bridal Expo
Exhibit The area hired by the Exhibitor and includes, unless inconsistent with the context, the exhibitor’s stand, and all advertisements and signs attached thereto.
Payment Terms & Conditions:
We agree to pay the TOTAL costs Please mark your COMPANY NAME clearly on all deposits.
All payments to be made to: Oakfield Wedding Venue t/a Oakfield Farm | FNB | Branch Code: 252045 | Account Number: 62691706281
- Full payment will be made no later than the 24th June 2024 after the 50% payment to reserve your stand has been received.
- No refund payable on cancellation less than one month prior to the Expo(29th May 2024).
- No late payments will be accepted and will be considered as a cancellation.
- The Exhibitor agrees to the jurisdiction of the Magistrate’s Court in respect of any disputes that may arise from this Contract or any other action that might be instituted.
- The duration of the Exhibition shall be from Saturday 1st – Sunday 2nd – June 2024.
- Whilst the Organizers will make every endeavor to hold the exhibition on the dates stipulated and at the planned venue, in the event of the postponement or abandonment thereof or in the event of failures of the services or facilities, the Organizer may terminate the contract with the Exhibitor and shall not be under any liability for loss or damage incurred by the Exhibitor as a result thereof. If the Organizer cancels the Exhibition or cancels the contract for reasons other than breach by the Exhibitor, it shall refund to the Exhibitor all amounts paid by the Exhibitor in terms of the contract, net a pro-rata share of expenses incurred by it regarding the Exhibition. The Organizer shall not be liable for any claims, demands, costs, charges, or expenses whatsoever cause resulting from the Organizers including, but not limited, to acts of God, Government, Municipal or Police restrictions, continuing domestic or international problems, such as wars, insurrections, strikes, fires, floods, work–stoppages, acts, or omissions of landlords of the property on which the Exhibition is held. Whilst the Organizers will make ever endeavor to maintain the layout of the floor plan, the exhibitor hereby indemnifies the organizer against all and any claims, demands, costs, charges, or expenses resulting from any changes.
- The Exhibitor hires the Exhibitor’s area for the period stipulated in the contract for the Bridal Expo. Throughout the period of the Exhibition, the Exhibitor shall keep the Exhibit/stand open, manned, and staffed during official open hours of the Exhibition, which has been specified as 10h00 – 16h00, by the The Exhibitor shall occupy the Exhibitor’s area and complete the construction and preparation of the Exhibit by no later than 16h00 on Friday 28th June 2024. The Exhibitor shall not remove the Exhibit or any substantial part thereof before the conclusion of the Exhibition at 16h00 on Sunday 30th June 2024. The Exhibitor shall dismantle the Exhibit by 18h30 on the last day of the Exhibition. Failing such removal, the Organizers reserves the right to remove and store the Exhibit, or any part thereof, at the Exhibitor’s expense. Alternative arrangements can be made for collection on Monday the 1st July 2024.
- The Exhibitor shall occupy & is limited to advertising ONLY within the perimeters of their
- The Exhibit shall in its appearance and construction comply with standards for the Exhibition determined by the Organizer and in such demarcated areas on the floor plan; the Exhibitor shall maintain its stand in a neat and tidy fashion. The Exhibit shall not include, display, or use any materials or components which the Organizer in its sole discretion deems unsafe or undesirable. The Organizer shall, in its discretion, be entitled to instruct the Exhibitor to execute all changes to the Exhibit, which it reasonably regards as necessary to comply with the points in paragraph In the event of the Exhibitor failing to comply with such instructions, the Organizer shall be entitled to make such alterations and to hold the Exhibitor liable for the cost incurred thereof.
- The Exhibitor agrees to observe all the Terms and Conditions of the Agreement of Agreements between the Organizer and the Landlords of the land and buildings in which the Exhibition takes The Exhibitor shall not, in any way, damage the floor, walls, ceilings, roof or any part of the structure of the buildings in which the Exhibition takes place, nor the gardens and property on which the Exhibition takes place. Any Exhibitor causing any such damage shall pay for such damage and hold the Organizer indemnified against such damage.
- The Exhibitor shall not use any equipment, electrical or otherwise, which produces words or actions or broadcasts or performers, or music, without prior written consent of the The Exhibitor may also only distribute printed matter from its own Exhibit. The Exhibitor shall not paste or otherwise Exhibit posters or advertisements upon any part of the building or property on which the Exhibition is held without prior written consent of the Organizer. The Organizer shall have the sole right of compiling and issuing all catalogues, supplements, etc. and lists of exhibits and issuing invitations and tickets of admission to the Exhibition.
- The Exhibitor shall not have any claim whatsoever against the Organizer arising out of the provision of or failure to provide or breakdown in or interruption of facilities or services at the Exhibition, or visitors to the Exhibition. The Organizer shall have the right to reserve admission of any persons to the Exhibition Hall and the property where the Exhibition is held and shall have the right to expel such persons from the Exhibition, at its own discretion.
- All goods brought to the Exhibition by the Exhibitor are at the Exhibitor’s sole risk. The Organizers shall not be responsible for the Exhibitors or its agents or employees, or any other person, for any loss or damage caused by or resulting from any theft, burglary, or similar cause, or form any loss resulting from accident, injury or damage caused to the Exhibitor or its servant or agents or employees, from whatsoever cause arising, including but not limited to failure of any buildings or erections or any parts thereof.
- The Exhibitor hereby indemnifies the Organizer against all and any claims, demands, costs, charges or expenses arising or resulting from any act, omission or negligence by the Exhibitor or any servant or agent of the Exhibitor, or any person acting under the Exhibitor, notwithstanding that such action, claim, demand, cost, charges, or expenses may have been occasioned in whole or in part by the fault or negligence of the Organizer or its agents or employees or by any buildings or erections upon the Exhibition area being or falling into a defective state of repair.
- The Exhibitor shall not, without the prior written consent of the organizer, cede, assign, transfer or encumber any of the rights in terms of this contract or, sub-let or grant possession or occupation of the whole or any part of the Exhibits to any other person whatsoever. Without derogating from the general terms above, the Exhibitor shall only display and/or offer for sale, its own goods and/or services and shall not in any way act as an agent or facilitator or conduit for the goods or services of any third party whether associated with the Exhibitor in any way.
- The Exhibitor shall ensure that any cartons, cardboard boxes, and/or other forms of packing shall be safely stored away from the Exhibition area and shall take all the necessary precautions to ensure that flammable materials utilized on their stands are treated with a fire – retardant in accordance with Fire Department requirements. The Exhibitor is required to produce a flameproof certificate.
- No addition to or variation, consensual cancellation or notation of this agreement and no waiver of any right arising from this agreement, or its breach or termination shall be of any force or effect unless reduced to writing and signed by all the parties or their duly authorized
- Stands are booked at the Exhibitors own
- In the event of the Exhibitor committing a breach of any terms of this Agreement, the Organizer shall be entitled to the remedies it has in law, including to cancel this agreement forthwith, without further notice, and to claim and recover damages and costs from the defaulting The parties agree that the total cost cited above constitutes a reasonable pre-estimate of lost income in the event of cancellation of the agreement after the 29th May 2024, and the defaulting Exhibitor shall be liable for the full payment thereof in full.
- These Terms and Conditions, together with the contract for an Exhibit and Exhibitor Manual constitute the whole and only agreement between the parties, and no warranties or representations which may or might have preceded or induced the offer or Contract on which are not recorded herein or in the Contract for an Exhibit, shall be valid or of force or effect The Exhibitor chooses the address set out in the Contract as his domicile citandi et executandi for all purposes.
“THE EXHIBITOR ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HE/SHE HAS READ THE SAID TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND
BE BOUND BY SUCH TERMS AND CONDITIONS, WHICH FORM PART OF THIS AGREEMENT.
PAYMENT OF THE STAND WILL BE SEEN AS ACCEPTING THE ABOVE-MENTIONED TERMS AND CONDITIONS”